Library and Information Centre (LIC) is rapidly developing up to be one of the most sought professional education & research referral library. It started its service in the year 1994. All bibliographic details of books, journals and CD-ROM databases are accessible through the campus wide network. The library has vast number of printed documents, and it subscribes National and International journals. It has established contacts with other organizations for exchange of the Institute's publications and inter-library loan arrangement.
Library is the place of knowledge open for academicians and students. The library has more than 25665volumes of books on a variety of subjects and 10045 titles. Utmost care is taken in developing resources for each department. Our Library subscribes to more than 70 International and National Periodicals and has a good collection of latest CDs on various fields. The house keeping operations of the Library is fully automated with Libsoft Library Automation Software and RFID Technology.
Providing a student-centered learning environment that delivers information and services to its users where and when they need it. Promoting creative and critical thinking through information literacy.
Providing high-quality services that meet and exceed the expectations of a diverse user Community. Selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving and providing access to library materials and resources.
LIBRARY SOFTWARE: LIBSOFT
- Version : LIBSOFT 10.5.0 web Version: 1 Server License, Unlimited Clients.
- Distributors: Environ Software Pvt. Ltd.
- The Central Library is housed in a main building.
- It has 927.680Sq. mtr carpet area out of 3014.96Sq. mtr.
- Seating Capacity: 300
LIBRARY FACILITY & SERVICES
|Libsoft Library Software With RFID Facility
|Open Access System
|OPAC Search Service
|Internet Browsing Service
|Computer And Printing
|Newspaper Clipping Service
|Information Display and Notification
|Display of New Arrivals
|SC/ST Book Bank facility
|Departmental Libraries for faculty
|Power Back-up with UPS
|Question Bank Services
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
- The library is a place for study, reading, and research. Therefore, to provide better services, the library users are advised to abide by the following rules:
- Library Timings – 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Students are requested to enter their name and sign in The Gate register.
- Students should bring their Identity Card /smart Card whenever they enter the Library.
- If any student found misbehaving inside the Library, he/she will be suspended from the library.
- Issuing and returning of books is between 9:30a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Only 2 books will be issued per student & 3 for Staff.
- Library books should be returned within 7days for Students and 10days for faculty. If it is not returned on the due date, penalty of Rs. 5/- per day will be collected.
- If the Users lost due date card, a fine of Rs.200/- will be charged.
- Borrower must replace lost - damaged books.
- Leave the books on table after use. Don’t misplace of the document.
- Reference books/ Journals/ Annual and Project Reports are only for reference.
- Personal books/ Folders/ Files/ Blazers/ Jackets should not be carried inside the Library.
- Don’t take away the library materials without completing procedures.
- All borrowed books must be returned and Dues if any must be settled prior to collect examination hall tickets.
- Do not leave your personal belongings in the library.
- Library users should maintain silence inside the library and respect other users.
- Please treat library materials, equipment's, and furniture with care.
- Library users are requested to cooperate with library staff and follow their instructions.
- Eating and drinking are absolutely prohibited inside the library.
- Using mobile phones inside the library is strictly prohibited; please keep mobiles on silent mode.
- Those users, who fail to observe the above instructions, may be asked to leave the library. This may lead to recovery of cost/ charges, and/or suspension from library privileges.
- Library website / Web OPAC.
- Orientation / Demo program for using library resources.
- Library Advisory Committee.
- Off-campus service through e-mail: We have individual, group e-mail service, whenever we find new information useful to the particular community, details are sent through e-mail.
- Book exhibitions / Book shop visits.